Thursday 2 September 2010

The Calm Before the Storm

T minus 3 days until I begin what is promised to be one of the most stressful, exhausting and rewarding year of my life. Primary PGCE training! Now don't get me wrong, I'm more than a little bit happy to have somehow made it onto one of the best courses in the country (and even more happy not to be doing a Secondary PGCE!) but also realistic (and pre-warned) about how hard this is going to be. I have wanted to be a teacher since I first started school. I worked through a 5 year degree and a year in a school in a pretty rough area to get here (oh and paralysis but that's neither here nor there). You really have to prove you want it these days!! I think maybe I'm being a little optimistic about the extra time I'm going to have to write this blog but I am hoping to update regularly and chronical the ups and downs of life as a trainee teacher. I am also keeping a record of the children's books I have read and movies I see- along with reviews of as many as I can. Hopefully this blog will provide some incite, interest and humour to those of you who have experience in teaching or those hoping to embark on a similar journey. And those of you who are forced to read this blog because you are my friend - too bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment