Wednesday 8 September 2010

Back to School

I feel like I am back to school. Which I am. But I mean like really back to school. With a timetable, homework diary and lessons all day. Yesterday I had English, Science and Maths. Today was History, Geography and Art. Tomorrow is RE, ICT and English. I can't get enough of English so I am more than happy about that! I'm actually pretty happy with all of it. And everyone on the course is getting into the rhythms of daily life as a trainee teacher i.e. being very tired but furiously jotting everything down just in case it comes up later. I guess this first part is all the knowledge/subject stuff. What we will be teaching. Why we are teaching it etc etc. So far it has been very practical. We did experiments in science (which biscuit is the best dunker!), made a collage representation of words in Art (mine was joy! - which was extremely difficult for a non-arty like myself), played with historical artefacts in History, collected environmental objects from around campus in Geography, looked at children's books in English and we even got to play with blocks and counters in Maths. Now it might all sound fun and games but there is so much to learn. When we have finished our 9-5 day, we come home and do homework. Tonight I learnt about the 4 different ways you can use subtraction...try and work that one out if you can! And made up my own maths questions using the vocabulary associated with these methods. For example, Nick's cake was £3.99. Jen's was £4.95. How much cheaper was Nick's cake than Jen's? This question is an example of the comparison structure of subtraction. Didn't know that did ya???

My brain is so full already!!!!

2 comments:

  1. "Nick's cake is comparatively cheap for it is burnt and badly made; probably constructed using calcium-flour."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen likes the finer cakes in life.

    Sounds like you are extremely busy! It does also sound like bundles of fun, though.

    ReplyDelete